Activities of MAPPP Since its formation 2018-2020
This report was presented during the 3rd annual general meeting of MAPPP in January 2021.
- MAPPP launched on 5thDecember 2018 (During the World soil day and No Pesticide Use Week)
- Legal Analysis and Lawyers Workshop for ‘Achieving Social Justice’ 12thJanuary 2019
- Medical camp for pesticide poisoned persons in Yavatmal, January 13, 2019. 33 patients attended.
- Field visit to selected patients with experts. 15thJanuary, 2019
- International CME Workshop on Pesticide Poisoning in Rural Communities: Improving Medical Management’ was jointly organized in Yavatmal Medical College. On 28thFebruary 2019.
- Medical Camp for pesticide poisoned persons at Nagarjuna Clinic, Ghatanji. 26th March, 2019. 41 patients attended.
- Agroecology workshop, Jalaram Mandir, Ghatanji. 27thMarch 2019.
- Detailed medical examination of selected patients: at Acharya Vinobha Bhave Rural Hospital and J. N. Medical college, Sawangi, Wardha from 6th-8thNovember 2019.
- Awareness creation programs No Pesticide Use Week program and 2nd annual general meeting of MAPPP and Tiwasa declaration (5th December 2019)
- Filing of law suit against Syngenta in Switzerland on behalf of 3 farmers for compensation in 2020.Filing of complaint against Syngenta at OECD National Contact Point in Switzerland on behalf of 51 farmers asking for liability in 2020.